Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yoga in February!


My goal for February is to practice yoga every day this month. I've only tried yoga twice, both times at home, so I am truly a beginner.

I signed up at a yoga studio near my house, Purple Yoga, for unlimited classes for two weeks as a special introduction for new students.

Tonight, I'm doing a beginner's class from my OnDemand cable option, same tomorrow, then I start my first class on Friday.

Why yoga? I think I've always felt that I would benefit from slowing down, breathing, and being more aware of my body. I think it would center me and keep me more balanced. I'm hoping for that from yoga, and I'm open to anything else I can learn from the practice.
I'm excited to head into something so new and so unfamiliar....

"Just breathe"


No comments:

Post a Comment