The challenge is becoming more difficult. The first 15 days were relatively easy. I made a first pass at my closets and a few cabinets to find things I knew I didn't need. But now I'm taking a second look and it's becoming harder to let go.
I've read a few blogs that talk about owning 100 items - and they mean owning 100 items total. It seems impossible! While I'm not striving for such extreme minimalism, I still admire the simplicity.
What does owning less mean to me?
- Consuming less which is good for the environment and lessens my carbon footprint.
- Consuming less which allows me to save more, and spend more on experiences rather than things.
- Consuming fewer goods that hurt developing countries and enslave a powerless workforce.
- Living with less clutter.
- Having closets that are organized and simple.
- Simple wardrobe choices - paring down to only things I love and that I feel good in.