Thursday, January 10, 2013

Earning miles by paying rent? Awesome video will show us how!

As a newbie to travel hacking, I thought there must be an easy way to earn miles for paying rent or student loans. But neither of these bills accept credit card payments, and as I found out yesterday, there are no substantial rewards for debit cards. What's a girl to do?

I kept reading about the American Express Bluebird card and some wacky way of using Vanilla Reloads from CVS. If this sounds weird to you, then you are just like me! If this sounds normal, then you must already be a professional travel hacker.

It's confusing, so I was thrilled to find this easy, simple and awesome video that explains it all in less than two minutes.

There is some concern that the Vanilla Reloads will be pulled from the shelves (apparently Office Depot pulled out), but for now, they seem to work.

I registered and the card is on the way! If this works, then I can churn credit cards faster by reaching the minimum amounts sooner to earn the bonus miles.  https://bluebird.com/


Additional tip for Vanilla Reloads:

"@Mike B- If you bought a MyVanilla Personal Reloadable Prepaid Card you WON’T be able to transfer the funds from that card to your Bluebird card. That card is actually a card that you load money ON, much like the Bluebird card. 

Instead, you need to buy ones that are called “Vanilla Prepaid Reload” cards. They are the ones that look EXACTLY like the ones I show in the video. Make sure those are the ones you are buying. The titles they give each card are very confusing, but if you buy the ones that look exactly like the packaging I show in the video, you can load those on the Bluebird card."

No comments:

Post a Comment