March 1: Had a good talk with HDS to kick-off my month. Takeaway concept: focus on a future goal and work backward to determine steps, resources, and timing needed to meet that goal. Practical, good reminder on goal-based financial planning.
March 2: Research. I'm staring simple, literally, with this Real Simple article. http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/money/saving/how-to-save-on-00000000016999/index.html
March 3: Developing idea list of topics to cover this month
- Reduce spending (research strategies)
- Research philosophy/psychology of money (understand the why, then tackle the how)
- Identify all expenses and search for ways to reduce and economize
- Revisit 401k savings plan
- Revisit estate planning, life insurance levels and beneficiaries
- Establish charitable giving plan (focus giving, rather than spreading gifts across multiple organizations)
- Explore income options
- Prepare 2011 taxes
- Research new ideas
- Revisit and newly define 1 month, 6 month, 12 month, and 5 year financial plans
"In the living of life today, money is a facilitating energy source. With money in the tank like gasoline, you can get places you other wise couldn't go."
- Joseph Campbell